Hair Colour, Cut & Styling
Facial, Lash, Brow & Beauty Bar
Make Up & Lessons
What is Epidermal Levelling / How does it work -
Epidermal levelling aka Dermal-planning aka Epi-blading, is a highly effective yet gentle method of exfoliation. Epidermal levelling uses a disposable, surgical blade, worked over the skins surface at a 45 degree angle. This action removes a fine layer of dead skin cells, excess sebum and annoying vellus facial hair or peach fuzz. An application of serums at this stage ensures maximum penetration of active ingredients, leaving the skin hydrated, smoother, brighter, and completely soft to touch.
Is Epidermal Levelling Painful -
The treatment is safe and painless. There is no numbing required prior to treatment. The treatment has often been described as relaxing. Epidermal levelling is an extremely safe treatment when carried out by an experienced and certified therapist
Will there be downtime -
Immediately after your Epidermal levelling treatment your skin may appear slightly pink and flushed. This erythema of the skin will subside within 1-2 hours. The possibility of a nick or cut may occur, this is highly unlikely as every precaution and care is taken to avoid this. In some cases patients may experience redness, irritation, blemishes, dryness, acne breakout and/or cold sores, these side effects extremely rare. You can resume your normal day to day routine immediately post treatment, your skin will have a radiant glow following treatment
Will the hair grow back thicker -
Absolutely not, there is no risk of change to the structure of the hair. This is the primary concern of every new client. The hair shaft is cut with a tapered edge, so that it will grow back exactly the same as prior to treatment. The treatment does not increase or decrease hair growth cycles. Hair will grow back without any change within 3-4 weeks.
How many treatments / how often -
Epidermal leveling for some can be considered a ‘one off’ treatment perhaps in preparation for a special occasion. For those who want to maintain healthier, flawless, brighter skin we recommend treatment every 4-8 weeks. The treatment can be used as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with a chemical peel for better penetration of product. Results will be seen with each and every treatment.
Benefits and skin conditions best suited to Epidermal Leveling -
Epidermal Leveling is suitable for a wide range of skin types and conditions, the treatment is customised according to your particular skin. It is suitable for many skin types and can improve the appearance of:
- Thickened and dehydrated skin
- Congested and oily skin
- Milia, open and closed comodones
- Minimises the appearance of enlarged pores
- Removes all unwanted facial hair
- Increases cellular turnover and speeds up the cellular repair process
- Increased absorption of skincare products
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines
- Reduces sun-damage
- Immediately smooths skin revealing a brighter more radiant skin
- Creates a flawless canvas for make-up application
Epi-Blading or Dermaplaning is contra-indicated on irritated skin, infected skin, fungal skin infections, active acne, active rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, severe solar keratosis, skin cancer, raised moles, warts and any open wounds or sores, prone to keloid scarring, on medications such as Warfarin or Isotretinion (Roaccutane)
If you have any of these skin conditions please advise your clinician prior to any treatment. Avoid any facial waxing 24 hours prior to treatment and avoid using retinol, glycolic or lactic acids 2 weeks prior to treatment.
What is involved -
Upon arrival, you will be asked to fill out a consultation form which will include questions about your skin type, medical conditions, previous treatments, etc. You will then have a private discussion with an experienced clinician who will assess your individual requirements, suggest a tailored plan and take you through the details of the procedure including pre / post care. This will also give you the opportunity to have any questions or queries regarding the procedure answered. Epidermal levelling is completely painless and there is no downtime unless used in conjunction with a peel procedure in which case the skin may be slightly red post procedure.
Pre/Post Treatment Care -
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 5 – 10 days post procedure. This also includes the use of solariums. Physical sun protection is mandatory and must be an SPF of 30.
- Waxing and hair removal procedures should be avoided for 7 days post procedure. Facial treatments are not advised for 14 days post procedure.
- No strenuous activity is to be undertaken for 24 hours post procedure. This also includes Bikram Yoga and the use of steam rooms and saunas.
- Avoid using medical strength vitamin-A 2 weeks prior to treatment. Exfoliating products are not to be used for 3 -5 days or as advised by your clinician.
- Correct product use post procedure is essential to avoid further compromising the skin. This will be discussed with your clinician during your consultation and the correct formulas will be recommended.
$120 1 Hour