What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion, often referred to as a micro or microderm, offers a non-invasive, medical grade exfoliation. Here at Sydney Beauty & Cosmetic Clinic we only use state of the art equipment. Our microdermabrasion device is equipped with a fine crystal tip and diamond tip, which pass over the skin via a vacuum or air pulsating wand. This process gently “sandblasts” layers of dead and damaged skin cells off the skin's surface. This will speed up the natural process of skin turnover, drawing oxygen to the skin's surface promoting the generation of new healthy skin cells leaving you with a fresh, smoother, brighter and more youthful appearance.
Why would I need a microdermabrasion?
Our skin is made up of two layers: the dermis or inner layer and the epidermis, or outer layer. As these layers go through their natural aging process, dead skin cells are replaced by new ones. However, as we age, this cycle slows down and as a result, our skin starts to look duller, while blemishes and wrinkles become more apparent.
What can Microdermabrasion treat?
This treatment is designed to treat a variety of skin concerns including
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- UV Damage and superficial age spots
- Open and enlarged pores
- Blackheads and congestion
- Pitted and post acne scars
Will there be down time?
You will be able to return to work immediately following the treatment however, your skin may be slightly red and feel warm, this usually subsides within a few hours. ASAP’s mineral make-up may be applied post treatment. Peeling, if occurs, generally begins around the mouth and is usually complete in 3-5 days. Moisturise flaking or peeling skin, as required.
How many treatments, how often?
You will see an immediate result after one treatment, however a programme of 6-10 will be advised on your skin conditions and concerns. Treatments are 2-4 weeks apart depending on the skin concern.
Pre/Post care –
- Do not wax, pluck or use depilatory creams 1 week prior/post treatment
- Do not use prescription strength exfoliant creams (Retin-A and Alpha Hydroxy) 2 weeks prior/post treatment
- Avoid tanning, including self-tanning lotions, tanning beds/booths or sun exposure for 2 weeks prior/post treatments
- A sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher should be used on any area of sun-exposed skin you plan to treat
- Avoid the use of make-up in the area for 48 hours, the use of mineral make-up may be applied straight away
- The use of vitamin A, B, C and Tyrosinase inhibitors are recommended to be used in the area 2 weeks prior to having treatment and continuing after for further healing and aging process
MICRODERMABRASION (30 minutes) 99
(45 minutes) 129